Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ben & Heid's Conversation

Tonight I got out some art supplies for Ben & Heidi to play with at the table. I was helping them for awhile, but then I got up to feed Kate and bravely left them at the table with markers. Ben was in charge of course. This is what I heard as they were drawing:
Heidi: Good girl Ben.
Ben: Heidi, I am not a girl, I'm a boy.
Heidi: Good girl Ben.
Ben: (louder) Heidi, I told you I am not a girl. Stop calling me a girl. Don’t you know that me and Dad are boys and you and mom and Kate are girls? I am a boy and I am going to grow up to be a dad.
B:Do you want another sticker?
H: Kaaay
B: What color do you want?
H: Yaaa
B: Silly girl, I asked you what color...
No response
B: Heidi, what color? I don't want to ask you again. Do you want red? Oh no, that’s my picture for Uncle Paul, don’t touch my picture for Uncle Paul. Now, I asked you what color. Fine, I’ll just give you one.
H: Bebe Ben (Thank you Ben)
The conversation continued, and although it was cute, I do not remember all that was said. Then it got quiet. I went to check on them and they had tattooed their hands with markers. Thank goodness they were the washable kind! Art time was over…time for baths!

No comments: