Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ben's 1st day of 4 year old preschool



Ben started his second year of preschool today. What a difference from last year! He practically didn't even care that I left. He did not take Oscar and Softie either, which he took faithfully every day last year or chase me out the door begging to come home. He is growing up so fast. He insisted on wearing a shirt with a pocket; he is obsessed with wearing clothing with pockets to keep his money, tweezers, etc.. in for safe keeping. He did agree to leave his tweezers at home. I gave him a lucky penny to keep in his pocket, but he informed me that "lucky pennies are only shiny". I assured him that non-shiny pennies could be lucky too, and amazingly he was satisfied. When I picked him up, he said, "Mom, whenever I got a little worried, I rubbed my penny to remember you were coming back." He's such a funny kid. He also told me that he made lots of new friends, but he couldn't remember their names and he loves Mrs. Fritz!

No comments: